Everything You Wanted to Know About BLUEHOST PACKAGE EXTRAS
Package Extras: Informational guide
Bluehost top knotch website-hosting providers recommended by WordPress ®. Millions of bloggers use it since WordPress consider it the number one host.
The hosting comes with a free domain name for the first year, free SSL Certificate, 1-Click WordPress install, and 24/7 support.
While buying the Bluehost packages such as the Basic, Plus, or Choice plus, most customers find themselves undecided on which Bluehost package extras to include for the smooth hosting and running of their website.
Although they increase your bills’ price, they add essential extra features to your plan, which is useful for customizing your hosting to match your needs.
In this article, we look at all the Bluehost packages extras offered and their importance to your website.
The Bluehost pricing for the extras
Bluehost Pricing for Package extras are as follows
- Domain Privacy + Protection at $0.99 per month (billed annually at $11.88/yr).
- Codeguard Basic at $2.99 per month, which is billed at the end of hosting
- SiteLock Security – Find at $2.99 per month (billed annually at $35.88/yr).
- Bluehost SEO Tools Start at $1.99 per month (billed annually at 23.88/yr).
- Office 365 Mailbox – 30 Day Free Trial offered FREE.
Domain Privacy + Protection
Domain Privacy and Protection is the first optional paid package-extra offered in the Bluehost packages.
When registering for website hosting on Bluehost, your personal information is added to the Public Database known as WHOIS Database.
It stores all your details, such as Contact Name, Telephone number, EmailAddress, User Address, and Business Name.
You can have Bluehost multipledomains with the various plans offered.
When you check the Domain Privacy + Protection extra, you get to hide your personal information that will come up when someone looks up your domain name.
By adding this feature to any of the Bluehost packages, your account will display the view hosts company name, in this case,
Bluehost instead of your details. This will result in total privacy and Protection of your Bluehost multiple domains for only $0.99 per month.
Another positive side of adding the Domain Privacy and Protection is that it helps to limit most junk and spam emails.
If you are considering whether to buy this extra feature of the Bluehost packages, my advice is it will be vital if you want your identity hidden.
However, if your budget is slightly limited for this offer, you can proceed without checking, as it does not affect the smooth running of your account and upgrades later on when necessary.
The pros of including this package extra in your hosting include:
- Limits junk illegal commercial emails and spam from
- Increases the privacy and protection of your
domain, hence, the overall protection of your website and other online assets from hackers.
- Protects your personal information from leaking and
being used for illegal means.
- Limits unwanted sales phone calls as you have to
provide your telephone number to the domain name registrar.
- Limits identity theft of personal data as your
entire personal information is made available to everyone online.
- Protects competitors from finding and stealing your
information and using it in their business strategies.
Bluehost offers the CodeGuard basic as an extra at the Bluehost pricing cost of $2.99 per month.
It’s a backup software that is considered a time machine for your website since it works behind the scenes to save the daily backups in a separate version.
It provides an automatic website/database backup solution, monitors your site or database regularly, and detects and notifies any changes, backing up the site’s data changes.
The importance of the CodeGuard basic is that in case of any disaster, it will be easy to turn back the clock without losing any crucial data.
Thus, CodeGuard basic allows for a one-click restoration of your site to a previous version. Without the feature, your data will be unsecure, and you may lose a lot of many days’ work forever.
By using CodeGuard Basic, you can download a compressed file of your website resources. CodeGuard basic is free in the Choice Plus plan and above.
However, if your plan does not include this feature, you can purchase it if you still want the sense of security on your website.
A later upgrade is also available from the Bluehost control panel.
The advantages of CodeGuard Basic are as follows:
- Affordability and efficiency than a manual backup
- Allows automatic daily backups either through FTP
or WordPress Plug-in. This increases convenience and accessibility.
- One-click website restoration in case of unwanted
changes or disasters.
- 99.9% reliability.
- File and database backups make sure there is
protection against data loss.
- Synchronization capabilities make it easy to access
the latest changes made to your data from any device.
- Enhanced security
The SiteLock Security Bluehost extra is a third party extra feature of the Bluehost that verifies your personal information such as Email ID, Telephone Number, and Address.
SiteLock Security Bluehost add-on feature is important for keeping hackers out when you are selling or offering any service on your website.
It helps to reduce the risk of attacks and provides additional security to your website.
Bluehost sitelock helps to safeguard your site by
scanning for signs of threats, ensuring your site is not blacklisted, verifying your site has no database vulnerabilities, etc.
When not selling anything on your website, the Bluehost sitelock extra feature is something you may not need.
You, therefore, can leave the checkbox unchecked. Bluehost sitelock pricing isat $2.99 per month (billed annually at $23.88/yr).
The advantages of SiteLock Security include:
- Increases your site’s protection by totally reducing vulnerability scanning from hackers and attackers.
- It is highly compatible; therefore, you don’t have
to install any other hardware or software separately.
- It’s accepted globally for performing the most efficient and advanced level scanning on more than 8 million websites daily.
- It helps to verify all the emails, addresses, and phone numbers of your website, thus, ensures better customer service and confidence to your customers.
- It also notifies you in case any file present on your website is changed. This is good since hackers normally alter your files when trying to access them, SiteLock Security has the capability of notifying you.
Bluehost SEO Tools
The Bluehost SEO Tools (Search Engine Optimization Tools) are also an extra feature in Bluehost.
Bluehost SEO Tools can assist you in reaching out to your potential customers through search engines. This is an important milestone for most bloggers.
Without high traffic from search engines to your website, your site may not offer the intended benefits.
SEO Tools offers systematic tasks and insights crucial in getting your website listed in search engines.
Itanalyses your site and creates an online Marketing Report system in a simple, understandable format. It also comes with an SEO Tools score indicator at its dashboard.
This is important as your website will rank higher than others, resulting in top search engine traffic. Other pros of having this add-on include:
It automatically submits your website to search engines such as Yahoo, Bing, and Google.
It offers you a detailed plan of action that gives you a timely personalized marketing analysis and report of your website.
You get to use Bluehost’s Keyword Discovery SEO Tool to select the right keywords to help your site rank high in search engines.
The pricing of the SEO Tools is at $1.99 per month (Billed annually at 23.88/yr). Although it increases the costs of hosting your website in Bluehost, the effects are worth considering for your website’s overall success.
The benefits of Bluehost SEO Tools include:
- The SEO Tools score is of great help in driving traffic to your website. This is because the higher the score is, the more traffic will be directed to your website as you will rank higher in search engines.
- Offers a detailed plan of action that also gives
you a timely personalized marketing analysis and report of your website.
- Saves you time and effort as it automatically
submits your site to Yahoo, Bing, and Google.
- Increases your chances of ranking high in search
engines for the right keyword by using the Keyword Discovery SEO Tool.
- Offers a simple way of monitoring your competitors
thus, you will be in the running for targeted keywords.
- The SEO Tool will also analyze your website in
terms of how mobile-friendly it is, how responsive it is, and how fast it loads and notify you.
- The SEO Tools will also identify any issues and weaknesses of your website so that you may fix them and increase your search
Office 365 Mailbox
The Bluehost packages include a 30-day free trial of Office 365. After that, you can decide among three plans for Office 365, which can be paid monthly or annually. These are:
- Email essentials offered at a monthly term of $4.99/month ($59.88/yr) or a
12-month term of $2.99/month ($35.88/year).
- Business Plus offered at a monthly term of $9.99/month ($119.88/year) or a
12-month term of $5.99/month ($71.88/year).
- Business Pro offered at a monthly term of $14.99/month ($179.99/year) or a
12-month term of $9.99/month ($119.88/year).
This feature is crucial as it offers Email Essentials in the form of a branded email application that is important in building customer trust and professionalism and powered by Microsoft, making it secure,reliable, and accessible online. Italso has 24/7 technical support.
The benefits of using the Office 365 Mailbox include:
- You can access your files anywhere.
- It offers advanced security features and reliability.
- You get access to the latest programs or versions at no additional costs.
- It enhanced email capabilities.
- Reduces capital spending, and
- It eliminates hardware and reduces energy costs.
The Bluehost Packages extras are important features for your website as they provide the advantages as mentioned above. However, depending on your budget and your site preferences.
You can uncheck them and upgrade them later on whennecessary by visiting the view host control panel.
If you like this Blog post, please Retweet!